Policy key definitions:
- "I", "our", "us", or "we" refer to the business; Mr Zen Ltd.
- "you", "the user" refer to the person(s) using this website.
- GDPR means General Data Protection Act.
- PECR means Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulation.
- ICO means Information Commissioner's Office.
- Cookies mean small files stored on a users computer or device.
Key principles of GDPR:
Processing of your personal data
Under the GDPR (General Data Protection Regulation) we control and / or process any personal information about you electronically using the following lawful bases.
ICO Data Protection Register
We are exempt from registration in the ICO Data Protection Register because we only process personal data for accounting, administrative and marketing purposes.
Lawful basis: Legitimate Interest. Our purpose for processing, why it is necessary and how we process your information is:
- To take steps linked to a contract where this is necessary for purposes which are in our legitimate interests which include providing you with services described on our website
- Carrying out technical analysis to determine how we can best tailor the services we provide to you.
- To improve the products and services we provide.
- To contact you in response to a specific enquiry.
- To send you promotional emails about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To send you promotional mailings or to call you about products, services, offers and other things we think might be relevant to you.
- To contact you via email, telephone or mail for market research reasons.
- Processing a Job Application
Data retention period: We will continue to process your information under this basis until you withdraw consent or it is determined your consent no longer exists.
Sharing your information: Where necessary for the purposes of fulfilling a contract, we may disclose personal information to the following recipients;
- Subcontractors and service providers who assist us in the ways we use personal information, in particular; website hosting providers which are located in the EEA,
- Business development and marketing service providers which are located in the UK and analytics services, which are located in the EEA.
- Our professional advisers (solicitors, accountants etc) which are located in the UK Regulators and government authorities in connection with our compliance procedures and obligations
- Other recipients where we are authorised or required by law to do so .
If, as determined by us, the lawful basis upon which we process your personal information changes, we will notify you about the change and any new lawful basis to be used if required. We shall stop processing your personal information if the lawful basis used is no longer relevant.
Your individual rights
Under the GDPR your rights are as follows. You can read more about your rights in details here;
- the right to be informed;
- the right of access;
- the right to rectification;
- the right to erasure;
- the right to restrict processing;
- the right to data portability;
- the right to object; and
- the right not to be subject to automated decision-making including profiling.
You also have the right to complain to the ICO [www.ico.org.uk] if you feel there is a problem with the way we are handling your data.
We handle subject access requests in accordance with the GDPR.
Some cookies are required to enjoy and use the full functionality of this website.
Cookies that we use are;
- Google Analytics
Data security and protection
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage technologies and precise procedures in how we store, access and manage that information. Our methods meet the GDPR compliance requirement.
Fair & Transparent Privacy Explained
We have provided some further explanations about user privacy and the way we use this website to help promote a transparent and honest user privacy methodology.
Email marketing messages & subscription
Under the GDPR we use the consent lawful basis for anyone subscribing to our newsletter or marketing mailing list. We only collect certain data about you, as detailed in the "Processing of your personal data" above.
Any email marketing messages we send are done so through an EMS, email marketing service provider. An EMS is a third party service provider of software / applications that allows marketers to send out email marketing campaigns to a list of users.
Email marketing messages that we send may contain tracking beacons / tracked clickable links or similar server technologies in order to track subscriber activity within email marketing messages. Where used, such marketing messages may record a range of data such as; times, dates, I.P addresses, opens, clicks, forwards, geographic and demographic data. Such data, within its limitations will show the activity each subscriber made for that email campaign.
Any email marketing messages we send are in accordance with the GDPR and the PECR.
We provide you with an easy method to withdraw your consent (unsubscribe) or manage your preferences / the information we hold about you at any time. See any marketing messages for instructions on how to unsubscribe or manage your preferences, otherwise contact our EMS provider.
We hold the following information about you within our EMS system;
- Name, eMail Address
Resources & further information
- Overview of the GDPR - General Data Protection Regulation
- Data Protection Act 2018
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- The Guide to the PECR 2003
[End of policy]